If you have been looking at a free and easy way to upgrade your Galaxy S3 phone to a new operating system, then this guide is perfect for you. This is a new free upgrade that is completely bug free, known as KEDLK6 Android 4.1.1 Jelly BEan firmware. So if you are interested in upgrading your Galaxy S3, follow the directions laid out for you below.
One important note you should take into consideration is the fact that this firmware upgrade is a custom ROM. However, it is taken from a very trustworthy developer from an XDA forum. It is completely safe to install on your S3, however, you should still know that you are upgrading at your own risks and neither this site or the author can be help reliable for any problems that occur during the upgrading process. This happens very rarely anyways so you should not worry too much.
To make it extremely easy to upgrade, we have simplified the steps extremely well.
- Before starting to upgrade, you must verify that your phone is a Galaxy S3 I747, which can be checked by navigating to Settings > About on your phone. Do not attempt this firmware upgrade with any other phone.
- Take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using this great app called Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Backup other important data such as SMS, Contacts, and other things to your PC using a backup app.
- Make sure your device is at least 75% to fully charged because the upgrade must be done on battery power.
- Disable any antiviruses that are still running on your device and PC.
- Next, enable USB debugging on your device. You can do this by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Now you are ready to upgrade to the new firmware.
- First, you must download the AOKP Jelly Bean package and the Google Apps package on your PC.
- Once the download is completed, transfer both of the zipped folders to an SD card using a USB cable.
- Disconnect the device from the PC and turn it off .
- Hold the Volume Up Button and the Home Key Button and turn on your device using Power Key. It should now boot in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset > Wipe Cache partition
- Choose install zip from SD card > choose zip from internal SD Card
- Select the correct zipped folders (first AOKP package then the Google Apps Package)
- Now your S3 will begin updating. Once it is done restart your cellphone and now you have a new operating system!
Congratulations, you have upgraded your Galaxy S3. If you have any problems please contact us down below in the comments section.