The Galaxy S3 by Samsung is one the greatest high-end Android smart phones available on the market today. It is constantly updated by developers of Android through Custom ROM Firmwares. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S3 right now, then you can read about the Capon ROM Firmware, which is a custom ROM, in this post. Just read this post and you will be able to upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.2. Then you can install the Capon ROM firmware.
There are many great features about the Capon firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- The developers have designed it based on the Stock FW XXDLIH
- They have added the Deodexed feature
- Adfree Hosts have been added
- The DSP Manager for Audio settings have been added
- Extensions on the Power Menu
- Photo and Video Experience has been enhanced
Worried if this firmware is safe? Well this firmware has been taken from an extremely reliable developer from XDA forums and is very safe for your device. However, you should be careful when installing this on your phone as no one can be held responsible for problems that come up during doing the upgrade. This includes things like the device being bricked. However, this very rarely happens, so you will not have to worry about it too much.
To make it easier for you, the process you will have to follow to upgrade has been split into two easy to follow processes.
First, you will have to do the pre-upgrade steps.
- Make sure your phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 by going to Settings > About Phone. Do not attempt to use this upgrade on any other device or version.
- The upgrade can only be used on unlocked boot loader devices, not just devices with the model number “I9300″
- Make a complete backup of the existing ROM through Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Other data such as SMS messages or Contacts should be backed up onto a PC or another device
- Make sure your phone is sufficiently charged beforehand
- Disable all the antivirus programs on your device. Uninstall the Kies package from your PC, the one that will be used to perform the upgrade.
- Next, enable USB debugging on your phone. Do this by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
Now you are ready to upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.2
- First, download the Capon Firmware Package onto the PC that will be used to upgrade your phone
- Transfer the Zipped folder onto a SD Card using a USB cable
- Disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off
- Press the Volume Up and Home Key buttons and hold them until the phone is turned on with Power Key
- Your device is now in recovery mode
- In recovery mode, choose “Wipe data/Factory rest” > “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Then choose “Install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from internal SD card”/
- Select the folder you put on the SD card and your S3 will begin updating
- After it is done, restart your phone
Congratulations, you have successfully upgraded to Capon Jellybean 4.1.2. Your phone now has more efficiency. Leave a comment below if you experience any problems while upgrading.